Sunday, January 6, 2008

Spreading the word for Digital Maoism

I've just finished reading 'Digital Maoism' by Jaron Lanier and I felt the urge to share. Do read it, I promise it's valuable. Broadly and minimally speaking, it's about collectivism as opposed to individualism, both online and offline, with very interesting examples and insights.

I'm not saying it's all correct, let alone true (in fact I have some points I would argue with him on), but it is just so refreshingly alive. I like people who challege. He does it in a very artistic, but coherent and documented way. One cannot easily disregard his opinions.

I highly recommend this to anyone working in Scrum project management environments (this may shed some light on the entire process) and to those who love Wikipedia, Digg, and other such aggregators. That is, if you're brave enough to face a real challenge.

Cheers all, tell me how it was.

No comments: